[mythtv] Patch to accept remote buttons as logical identifiers

Hal Burch hburch at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 14:16:23 UTC 2006

I sent this privately, but it dawns on me that it should be recorded
in the -dev mailing list as well (even if it's a little late).

> Still a remaining question; that I noticed that a prefix of "remote"
> is already used in MythControls. I assume that this is reserved for
> remote buttons and would like to know for sure. If this is indeed
> true, I'm a gonna rename the irXXXX stuff to remoteXXXXX to be
> compliant.

The "remote" prefix is due to the code in ticket #757.  I submitted an update
to mythcontrols at the same time I was worked on that, so the
mythcontrol submission included support for #757.  It doesn't hurt
anything, but I would not take it as a sign of an official
"reservation" of that prefix.

 - Hal