[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r10912 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Aug 24 13:13:17 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 10:27 +0200, Lukas Kasprowicz wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 22. August 2006 22:23 schrieb Daniel Kristjansson:
> > Strange. Can you add this:
> > echo \""$processor"\"
> > echo X\""$processor"\"
> > right after:
> > # first try to tune based on processor info
> >
> > Maybe there are spaces before the "Genuine", or some of those
> > spaces are tabs or something. Please also try deleting
> > configure before doing the update, maybe there is some local
> > problem with the script.
>
> "model name     : Genuine Intel(R) CPU           T2300  @ 1.66GHz"
> X"model name    : Genuine Intel(R) CPU           T2300  @ 1.66GHz"
>
>  *** WARNING ***
>  Your CPU was not detected properly:
>    uname -m: i686
>    uname -p: i686
>  model name: Genuine Intel(R) CPU           T2300  @ 1.66GHz
>       flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
> clflush dts acpi
> mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc pni monitor est tm2 xtpr
>
> Does this help? There is a \t directly before ": Genuine".
Not really, we should be matching this as is...

> Adding *T2300* to the pentium4 section right after the two added echo causes
> the message not to be displayed.
Hmm, what about adding ".*" after "CPU"? I'd like to capture
all the CPU's in that family.

> The march=pentium-m is used in gcc3.4 and later. This one would be better then
> pentium4.
Sure, I couldn't tell from Intel's site if this was a pentium4
or pentium3 w/pentium4 features arch, if it is a pentium3-ish
arch we should use the pentium-m flag.

-- Daniel