[mythtv] Alsa capture support

Matthew Wire devel at mrwire.co.uk
Mon Aug 21 13:43:34 UTC 2006

Hi,

I would like to make an attempt at adding capture support for alsa into
mythtv.  I have a saa7134 based card which provides a direct alsa
interface with saa7134-alsa and I would like to make use of this (yes I
know I could use saa7134-oss but I'd like to do it properly).

Having limited knowledge of this area of mythtv I am attempting to work
out how and where audio capture occurs within the source.  However, if
anyone can help me out with a few pointers such as which classes/files
are most important that would be very helpful!

Thankyou,
Matthew Wire