[mythtv] firewire tester

BP lists at qucae.com
Sat Aug 19 07:25:01 UTC 2006

Jim Westfall wrote:
> Hi
>
> Attached is a firewire tester I wrote up this evening.  I would like to
> get a few firewire folks to give it a try.  It still needs a bit of clean
> up, but should be mostly functional.

It does properly detect my firewire is broken on a Motorola 6200.  The
fix mode does appear to work as well.  If I run fix, Myth actually works
with firewire again.  However, I find I only get about 20 seconds of
functioning before my firewire stops working again (channel changes
never stop working).  If I attempt to run fix when tuned to a 5c
channel, fix will fail.  I assume this is expected.

It would be nice if you catch on to something to make firewire reliable
again.  I completely stopped using it over six months ago. Not sure if
it was a Comcast change or a libiec61883/libraw1394 change that broke
things.