[mythtv] Browsing channels

Dan Wilga mythtv-dev at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Aug 14 13:24:58 UTC 2006

At 5:50 AM -0400 8/12/06, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/216329#216329
>
>The OP in that thread disagreed that it was the desired behavior
>(based on previous behavior).  My belief that current behavior is
>the desired behavior is based on the thread
>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/172362#172362
>(specifically
>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/173697#173697
>and
>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/173953#173953 ),

I'm the OP in that first thread, and I disagree that what's described
in the second thread is the same thing.

I can understand the difficulty in trying to decide which channels
are valid when both cards are capable of showing different sets of
channels. But in my setup this is not the case. Both cards use
exactly the same two providers. Furthermore, the problem I'm seeing
happens even if nothing is being recorded.

Not to be snippy, but I simply can't understand how anyone would
consider the removal of a long-standing capability to be desired
behavior. My annoyed wife certainly doesn't, either :-).

You have to think of this from the point of view of an
unsophisticated user, not a programmer. The user thinks, "these are
the channels we subscribe to, so I should be able to browse among
them." The fact that one set of channels comes from cable TV and
another set from satellite is irrelevant them.