[mythtv] MPEG2->MPEG2 Transcode Errored (0.19 fixes)

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Wed Aug 9 06:50:36 UTC 2006


HI!

Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:

> This didn't work (not surprising as I'm still barking up the wrong
> tree).  I think the next step is to do as Chris said and find out
> exactly what command is being used to run mythtranscode from
> mythbackend, and try to reproduce that.

Apparently, mythbackend starts mythtranscode with the same parameters 
multiple times (maybe it retries, because it fails?) like this:

/usr/bin/mythtranscode -j 585 -V 4099 -p autodetect -l

See:
http://www.boerkel.de/jobqueue.log

So, I ran from the command line:

/usr/bin/mythtranscode -v all -j 585 -V 4099 -p autodetect -l > 
/work2/mythtranscode3.log 2>&1

Which resulted in this:
http://www.boerkel.de/mythtranscode3.log

It looks like -v all did not work.

Also, I see no segmentation fault.

The job now was still "running" in the jobqueue:

| 585 |   3649 | 2006-08-01 22:00:00 | 2006-08-09 08:31:09 |    1 |    0 
|     1 |      4 | 2006-08-09 08:40:34 | linux    |      | 0% Completed 


So, I ran "update jobqueue set status = 272" to free the jobqueue.

Thomas






More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list