[mythtv] Simulate TV-card ?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 02:18:50 UTC 2006

On 8/8/06, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:

> We use vmware extensively at work.  I certainly have access to possibly
> create these appliances.  I haven't tried using a USB capture device
> (don't have one) in a VM and running a real mythbackend to see if it
> would work but the jobqueue idea is certainly interesting.  Is there a
> minimum installation needed to run that?  I'm thinking of a very small
> Linux installation that can boot and run jobqueue.  Any pointers?

I have been thinking about that since this morning too, and I was
originally thinking Xubuntu.  Why?  Becuase:
a) I like Ubuntu (and use it at home)
b) Xubuntu is like Ubuntu, but uses a less intense window manager (or
something technical like that) and I thought that would be good to
limit the performance hit cuased by VM's.

I don't know for sure though, there could well be a better distro for this.

Cheers,
Whytey