[mythtv] MFD Questions...

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Apr 25 08:40:30 UTC 2006

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> I've asked Isaac in another thread if it's possible to branch myth
> plugins and allow myself (or anyone who's willing to do someting for
> that matter) write access to this branch. That way we can start moving
> things along with MythMusic and inject some much needed TLC (tender
> loving care) without messing up everyone else. There has been a few
> branches created elsewhere of late so I hope this is acceptable.

Just read the ML some more (should really read everything before posting
eh!)

Isaac said that the SVN setup doesn't support the writing via apache so
we can't do the finely tuned user access writes that would allow me
access to a branch.

I'll either:
1. Look at setting up my own temporary SVN for managing these changes
and then be able to supply a large patch from it to the live one.
2. Just code review some more Jochen's changes and ensure we've caught
any niggling bugs that we have missed.

The trouble is, due to the architecture change of the DB, some the the
"ways of doing things" in MythMusic no longer seems overly sensible.
There is a lot of tidying up I can do (lot's of SQL is copied all over
the shop for example and the filling of lists for e.g. artist
names/album names on the edit metadata/smart playlist screens is also
repeated code and no longer as simple as a SELECT fieldname FROM
musicmetadata" anymore and as such the wrapper function there is a litte
contrived now).

However, I'm relucatant to do that tidying up before the first patch
gets into SVN (or an SVN - e.g. could be my temp one if that route is
taken) as this would be changing the structure of MM a fair bit and make
understanding the changes way more complex if anyone reviews the patch.

I'll think it over and work out what best to do.

Cheers

Col

--

|     Colin Guthrie      |