[mythtv] New Maintainer for MythMusic...

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Apr 24 13:34:06 UTC 2006

Isaac,

Isaac Richards wrote:
> Also, people generally get write access to SVN when I get enough patches from
> them that I don't have to spend any time reviewing/fixing things.

I can appreciate this.

It's maybe a little premature to ask this, but there are now a few of us
trying to work together on making some significant improvements to MM.
Some of the changes are quite large and swapping patches etc. is proving
quite hard to do.

Therefore, (and I will totally understand if you don't want to do this),
  would it be possible to create a branch of mythplugins and give me
write access to only that branch (assuming you have the relevent apache
setup to do this degree of config)?

I could then make all the necessary changes and myself and others would
be able to keep things rolling quite nicely and get ourselves sorted out
and be left with a well tested branch that can be merged back into
trunk, and avoid the crazyness that is ticket 1699 ;)

If you don't want to do this I will fully understand, and will probably
look to create my own SVN server and do this same job. I can't help but
feel it would be neater and easier on the changeset merging, not to
mention more "open", if it was all on one server.

As you may be aware, I have commited a few patches for MM before and
would *really* like to push its development along into the future. It
annoys me when people say "I use XBMC for music but MythTV for TV"...
Less of the "convergence box" and more of the "mythical" there ;)

Thanks for listening.

Col.

--

|     Colin Guthrie      |