[mythtv] ring buffer and live TV

David Shay davideshay at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 00:03:41 UTC 2006

On 4/15/06, Felix Rubinstein <felixru at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Why do you impose limitations on users?
> Why not to let it choose what he/she wants?
> Did it ever occured to you that your're doing a project for many users or
> you always though about running it on different hardware?
>
> And what about live tv, really live like real-time live tv with buffering
> capabilities, man, you have commercial products doing it on old hardware
> pretty good with 0 (zero) delay!

I can tell you this.  I once improperly hooked up my cable box through my
Tivo and was trying to continue to use my cable box remote.  I agree, it was
an awful experience.  That's why I re-connected it the proper way and the
"problem" / user error was gone.

Any reason you can't/don't want to change channels with myth?