[mythtv] DVB radio issue

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Wed Apr 12 09:52:18 UTC 2006

DVB radio works sporadically for me.  Symptoms are that I get a few
seconds of audio, then the sound stutters (which I think is the audio
buffer underrunning) and the log files show "audio ahead of video by 30
frames".  Switching back to a tv channel shows that the audio still
stutters and judders - in fact I need to quit live tv and reenter to get
the audio working again

I have traced through this and I *think* that it's due to  a permanent
diverge between the real current video time and what myth thinks is the
current video time.  I managed to accidently get one iteration where the
radio and tv were both working, but entering into a tv channel showed
that the audio was well ahead of the video (ie lipsync out).

I saw some notes about why this happens somewhere recently.  Can someone
point me to which bit of code might be causing this permanent desync
please?  I think this is what is causing problems with the radio
(probably there is a big desync introduced and the system then causes
the problem by trying to resync in a way which is actually causing a
worse desync

Cheers

Ed W