[mythtv] Scheduler needs a special case for CBS miniseries?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 11:43:13 UTC 2006

On 4/5/06, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
> I realize that most "made for TV" movies are terrible, but I decided
> to tell Myth to record:
>
>   "Robert Ludlum's Covert One: The Hades Factor"
>
> It is a two part series on CBS, April 9th and April 16th.  I just
> noticed that Myth's scheduler was *not* going to record the second
> part because it thought it was a repeat of the first part.  CBS'
> miniseries seem to have this problem a lot.
>
> Both parts have the same ProgramID (MV1762500000), so I can understand
> why the scheduler made this decision.  I can easily force Myth to
> record both parts, but was wondering how many people might set up a
> "channel record" expecting it to "just do it", and then be disapointed
> to miss the second part.
>
> Perhaps the scheduler should take into account the
> partnumber/parttotal when deciding if an episode is a dupe?
>
> John

I noticed this about some series two part episodes as well. Sadly its
a problem with the datadirect/zap2it information. Did you notice if
any of the other information (other than airdate/time) changed?
perhaps if something like original air date or the description has
enough differences a simple if check could alleviate the problem.

--
Steve