[mythtv] Scheduler needs a special case for CBS miniseries?

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 05:31:17 UTC 2006

I realize that most "made for TV" movies are terrible, but I decided
to tell Myth to record:

  "Robert Ludlum's Covert One: The Hades Factor"

It is a two part series on CBS, April 9th and April 16th.  I just
noticed that Myth's scheduler was *not* going to record the second
part because it thought it was a repeat of the first part.  CBS'
miniseries seem to have this problem a lot.

Both parts have the same ProgramID (MV1762500000), so I can understand
why the scheduler made this decision.  I can easily force Myth to
record both parts, but was wondering how many people might set up a
"channel record" expecting it to "just do it", and then be disapointed
to miss the second part.

Perhaps the scheduler should take into account the
partnumber/parttotal when deciding if an episode is a dupe?

John