[mythtv] Is mythtranscode removing mythcommflag's results?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Sep 29 19:16:42 UTC 2005

> I can understand mythtranscode deleting the type=6 (the video is no long
> MPEG2, but rather MPEG4 now, so the seek table can be removed, I think?).
>
> Did mythtranscode just wipe out the commercial skip list for the
> recording?  Is that my problem or is something else magical happening
> that I don't know about.

This was never really guaranteed to work, but I reenabled it anyway.  The
code used to keep the commercial skip markers when you transcoded without
applying the cutlist (such as in auto-transocding) although there was no
guarantee that the markers were still accurate since the frame numbers
might not match up exactly.  Somewhere along the line, I think I removed
that code while cleaning up other issues.  I added the code back in so
the JobQueue will not remove the commercial markers unless the cutlist
has been applied.

> I'm running a SVN of today.

Can you update again and let me know if it's not fixed?

--
Chris