[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7312 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Sep 25 23:38:45 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 18:48 -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:

> And that anything that inherits from QObject should only be created/destroyed
> by the main Qt event loop thread?
I found the documentation for this...
    http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/threads.html

It is ok to create a QObject outside of the Qt event thread,
but it can not be deleted while another class is sending it
a signal (for obvious reasons...)

To avoid needing to disconnect all slots before deletion,
QObject contains a "deleteLater()" method that queues it
up for proper deletion the next time the event loop runs.

I'll make sure I use this on the recorders, and I'll check the
other QObject classes I know about...

-- Daniel