[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7312 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Sep 25 23:08:15 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 18:48 -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Sunday 25 September 2005 06:43 pm, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> > If it isn't obvious from the last commit this is in sevice of a
> > busy-loop free TVRec...

> You do realize that signals are sent & received by the same thread, right?
Yep, it is just used to send a QWaitCondition::wakeAll()...

> And that anything that inherits from QObject should only be created/destroyed
> by the main Qt event loop thread?
Really? Then this is violated widely in MythTV.

It doesn't say anything about this in the QObject documentation. I could
use plain-old callbacks, but are you sure you aren't confusing QObject
with QWidget?

QObject just implements the signal/slot mechanism, timers and a destruct
all children destructor. Signals and slots are just callbacks with some
syntactic sugar to make them look nicer and the timers are pretty
primitive too...

-- Daniel