[mythtv] Best editor IDE for Develop mythtv

Paul mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Sep 24 19:13:38 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Nassas" <gnassas at mac.com>
To: "Adam Egger" <adam.egger at gmail.com>; "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2005 3:24 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] Best editor IDE for Develop mythtv

> On 23-Sep-05, at 11:09 AM, Adam Egger wrote:
>
> > Does anyone use Eclipse with the myth code?
>
> Someone posted about eclipse maybe eight months back but mainly to
> complain that files associated with the G.A.N.T. theme ended with
> periods and this freaked out eclipse in a way that made it unusable.
> There was a suggestion to myth folks to change those filenames and a
> response that eclipse ought to be made less brittle. There was no
> further posting after that.
>
> I agree with Micah that to be truly useful eclipse would have to
> understand .pro files. Every so often I look around to see if there's
> been any progress that way but I haven't seen any yet. Or, I haven't
> looked hard enough.
>
> - George

Coming from the Windows world one thing I do miss is an IDE.
Eclipse does look interesting. A quick google came up with this plugin:

http://kde-eclipse.pwsp.net/index.php

which looks like it can handle .pro files.

Qt/QMake Support:
    Qt3 application wizard
    Qt4 application wizard
    Allows to build QMake applications
    Creates run/debug configurations for QMake projects

I'd also be interested to hear from any who uses the Eclipse IDE
with myth code.

Paul