[mythtv] Best editor IDE for Develop mythtv

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Sep 24 02:24:17 UTC 2005

On 23-Sep-05, at 11:09 AM, Adam Egger wrote:

> Does anyone use Eclipse with the myth code?

Someone posted about eclipse maybe eight months back but mainly to
complain that files associated with the G.A.N.T. theme ended with
periods and this freaked out eclipse in a way that made it unusable.
There was a suggestion to myth folks to change those filenames and a
response that eclipse ought to be made less brittle. There was no
further posting after that.

I agree with Micah that to be truly useful eclipse would have to
understand .pro files. Every so often I look around to see if there's
been any progress that way but I haven't seen any yet. Or, I haven't
looked hard enough.

- George