[mythtv] Re: TVRec: Timed out waiting for lock -- aborting recording

Glen Dragon gad at jetcom.org
Mon Sep 19 02:10:54 UTC 2005

John P Poet wrote:

>On 9/12/05, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Yes and no, older versions would have blocked until it got
>>>a lock, so you would have noticed the delay in LiveTV.
>>>
>>>This was part of the problem with the old way of doing things.
>>>If it never got a lock it would stay in the loop forever.
>>>
>>>-- Daniel
>>>

>>Well, unforunately my "hack" is not reliable.  My myth system failed
>>to record Prison Break tonight because it gave up waiting for a lock.
>>What is interesting, is that this is FOX, not NBC.  I guess that means
>>that while NBC is the worst offender, it can happen on any channel.
>>
>>I was running the 9/08 svn of Myth.  I am going to upgrade to the
>>latest svn and take a look at it.  I know that Kenneth thinks the
>>problem should be solved in the driver, but I don't see how.
>>

>At this point, I believe I was able to confuse the tuner, trying to
>tune my NBC station.  I believe the tuner was in a bad state when it
>tried to record the program off of FOX.  As long as I don't try to
>record anything off of NBC on my HD-3000, then all the other stations
>seem to work fine.
>
>I would have given up on trying to record off of NBC, but my TV's HD
>tuner is able to show that station without any glitches.  Finally, out
>of desperation, I put my old HD-2000 back in the system and tried it.
>Voila!  My HD-2000 has no problem with NBC.  It immediately gets a
>solid lock, and never looses it.  Tried all three of my HD-3000 cards
>again, but none of them will lock onto that station.
>
>For now, I have created a new lineup on zap2it just for my HD-2000
>card, and made my NBC station "invisible" to my HD-3000 cards.
>
>Myth is working fine for me now.
>
>Daniel, sorry to waste your time on this.  This problem really had
>nothing to do with Myth.  Kenneth was right.
>
>John

Hmm... what does this mean for me?  Do we know what is wrong with the
HD-3000 drivers?  This really pretty much sucks for me, since i can't
get my CBS station, and I don't happen to have a HD-2000 (only 3
HD-3000's).  Is there a bug database for the HD 3000 drivers?  I haven't
seen too much activity, especially now that they are into the .12 kernels.

Any suggestions?