[mythtv] MythGame in a mixed OS environment

harywilke harywilke at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 16:41:26 UTC 2005

On Sep 16, 2005, at 4:43 PM, Greg Estabrooks wrote:

>> make sense to only display the roms that are playable on the
>> particular frontend you are using at the time.
>>

>  Currently mythgame expects all roms to be available to all frontends
> in the same directory structure.

That's how i have my roms setup. Same paths on all system. A
resonable assumption as it is not hard to setup and why would you
want it necessary to have local copies of roms.

>  However it does bring up a good point about making the gameplayers
> frontend specific which would in effect affect what gets displayed
> in the game tree. I'll have to think this one over for a bit.

I'm not sure what would be the best way to do this either, but when
scanning for new roms, you might want to put in a check to see if
different emulators are scanning along the same rom path so you don't
end up scanning the same roms multiple times. or would you want a
scan to only scan the local emulators roms? hrm. it does complicate
things. just some thoughts i was having.

-hary