[mythtv] MythGame in a mixed OS environment

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 18:07:16 UTC 2005

On 9/16/05, harywilke <harywilke at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sep 16, 2005, at 4:43 PM, Greg Estabrooks wrote:
>
> >> make sense to only display the roms that are playable on the
> >> particular frontend you are using at the time.
> >>

> > Currently mythgame expects all roms to be available to all frontends
> > in the same directory structure.
> >

> That's how i have my roms setup. Same paths on all system. A
> resonable assumption as it is not hard to setup and why would you
> want it necessary to have local copies of roms.

The argument breaks down somewhat for non-ROM -based games ("PC Games", as
MythGame likes to call them.) I run frontends on Linux, FreeBSD, and Mac OS
X. Not all of the games I have are available on all of those platforms. Nor
do the pathnames necessarily agree. I could certainly set up shell scripts
to hide the differences, but it would be a lot easier if I had host-specific
game definitions.

Carl Fongheiser