[mythtv] Current DVB problems rundown

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Sep 12 00:27:57 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 09:31 +1000, Mark Spieth wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 22:52 +1000, Mark Spieth wrote:
> > Bug #1 -- You don't need to have a channel class to watch TV.
> sorry for being thick but there are lots of instances in signal monitor and
> for SIParser where channel is required for dvb (live and record modes)
> unless Im mistaken. backend log seems to show this.
> there may need to be more checks for dvb and a channel open and close if its
> not which I found necessary after the fact.
> All I know is that it gets live tv working for me.
The channel class is required for DVB and ATSC, but not for other capture
cards. For example a non-tunable V4L input (such as a VGA frame-grabber.)

> > -    int timeout = 2000000000;
> > +    int timeout = 5000;
> > Bug #2 -- LiveTV should tuning not time out, the user can change the
> >           channel or tuner or input or even exit LiveTV at any time.
> >   Why force one particular decision on the user?
> fair enough. the number just looked weird.
Yeah, I wanted to use a MAX_INT, but I think types.h wasn't included
and I couldn't remember the POSIX define to use. Sorry, this was
just lazyness on my part. In my defence a too low value for this
was seriously breaking things for someone and I just wanted to fix
SVN ASAP.

-- Daniel