[mythtv] Current DVB problems rundown

Mark Spieth mark at dclabs.com.au
Sun Sep 11 23:31:20 UTC 2005

> On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 22:52 +1000, Mark Spieth wrote:
> > here is another patch. the last change affected recording mode so this
> > eliminates that problem.
> > for those that are having trouble, please try.
>      if (TRANSITION(kState_None, kState_WatchingLiveTV))
>      {
> +        if (channel == NULL)
> Bug #1 -- You don't need to have a channel class to watch TV.

sorry for being thick but there are lots of instances in signal monitor and
for SIParser where channel is required for dvb (live and record modes)
unless Im mistaken. backend log seems to show this.
there may need to be more checks for dvb and a channel open and close if its
not which I found necessary after the fact.
All I know is that it gets live tv working for me.

> -    int timeout = 2000000000;
> +    int timeout = 5000;
> Bug #2 -- LiveTV should tuning not time out, the user can change the
>           channel or tuner or input or even exit LiveTV at any time.
>   Why force one particular decision on the user?
fair enough. the number just looked weird.

cheers
mark