[mythtv] Suggestion for improving SLOW channel changing inLiveTV.....

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sat Sep 10 21:20:06 UTC 2005

On Sat 10 September 2005 20:38, Jeffrey Brent McBeth wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 08:17:17PM +0100, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> > It does NEED to it Myth is going to be a user-friendly application used
> > by all*.
>
> Then post a patch.  That is really all anyone has asked of you.  Wild
> generalities won't get you or us anywhere.  (I'm going to sin myself below)

We'll agree to disagree. There are many people here who CAN contribute time to
the project but don't know what they might do. Discussing the merits of ideas
and  potential features/fixes etc doesn't get us nowhere, it forms the basis
of future work.

_Demanding_ features doesn't get us anywhere - but I, for one, have never done
that nor do I condone it.

Finally had we not had this (overlong) discussion, many of the relevant issues
would never have come to light. Had I already written a patch at the cost of
several hours of my life, only for it to be dismissed I wouldn't have been
happy - neither would you in the same position.
--
Stuart Morgan