[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7209 by danielk

Joshua M. Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Fri Sep 9 16:41:26 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 11:35 -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> The problem is that while tuning the recorder is completely locked
> out (except in LiveTV mode, which jumps through some hoops). So if
> we block until the program is over then you can't cancel the
> recording if there is no signal. This could be fixed, but it
> probably wouldn't be trivial. It would probably be easier to just
> set the threshold lower for a signal lock and then MythTV will
> record whatever it can. It still wouldn't insert 'no signal'
> segments, but this part wouldn't be too hard to do.

I keep thinking about this and recalling how my old Dish PVR
worked...the signal lost message seemed to be a flag in the stream
rather than an actual 'Signal Lost' video. Would it perhaps be possible
to output some sort of fake "no signal" TS packets when the signal is
lost, and then just teach the frontend to display the appropriate
message when it sees those packets?

--
Joshua M. Thompson <funaho at jurai.org>