[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7185 by danielk

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Sep 7 20:21:29 UTC 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 08:46:04PM +0100, John Pullan wrote:

> > > Can you do full scans now (with or without the above patch)?
> > >
> > > I'm on dvb-t and it is working okay with or without the patch.
> >
> > It's also OK for DVB-t in Germany with the r7195
>
> Using 7203, full tuned scan (i.e not the country one)
> Works with my patch, not without.
>
> It's almost certainly a race condfition of the NIT getting in too soon.

Hmmm, looks like there are a few similar races.
I'm currently able to deadlock the backend every now and again
with it getting an old PAT which doesn't contain the PMT for
the channel being tuned to (this is with channel changing).

This should be fixable because we should be able to check the
transport id in the PAT against the info stored in the database
for channel & mplex.

Stuart