[mythtv] Scheduler bug with FindOne weekly

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Sep 2 23:04:13 UTC 2005

Thomas Börkel wrote:
> HI!
>
> Bruce Markey wrote:
>
>>> I haven't read about this on the list, maybe it's a known bug.
>>>
>>> When I schedule a show with FindOne weekly, it records all of those
>>> shows, not only one per week.
>>

>> On the recording options page under "Scheduling Options", what
>> did you choose for the duplicate matching method?
>

> Apparently "Don't match duplicates", but I do not remember, why.

That's what I was trying to establish. I hadn't considered or tested
that case when gigem and I were working on this. To me, it would
be self-evident that you wouldn't want to say to record all showings
if you only wanted one. Appearently, this isn't intuitve and I can
see where one might think that something special should be done with
the duplicate selection.

> The show is not running at the moment, so I now looked for another one
> to test.
>
> This show is a news show and it airs daily at the same time. Subtitle is
> NULL (always with my grabber) and the description is always the same.
>
> If I set "Match duplicates using description", apparently it records ONE
> recording only (not one per week). And since I recorded this show
> previously, it does not schedule any of it. Is that right?

If you change back to "Descriptions and Subtitles" or even "Subtitles
only" it should work. "Match duplicates using description" would
make them all appear to be the same episode and it would only record
one time ever. "Don't match duplicates" would say to consider each
showing as unique so record all of them.

> If I set "Don't match duplicates", then it works OK. It records the
> first one each week.
> But, there is something interesting: It wants to record tomorrow
> (friday) and from next week on each monday. But I have recorded that
> particular news show today (thursday), with "Record in this timeslot
> every day". Shouldn't it know that and not record tomorrow?

See: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/236

--  bjm