[mythtv] Scheduler bug with FindOne weekly

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Thu Sep 1 20:56:52 UTC 2005

HI!

Bruce Markey wrote:

>> I haven't read about this on the list, maybe it's a known bug.
>>
>> When I schedule a show with FindOne weekly, it records all of those
>> shows, not only one per week.
>
> On the recording options page under "Scheduling Options", what
> did you choose for the duplicate matching method?

Apparently "Don't match duplicates", but I do not remember, why.

The show is not running at the moment, so I now looked for another one
to test.

This show is a news show and it airs daily at the same time. Subtitle is
NULL (always with my grabber) and the description is always the same.

If I set "Match duplicates using description", apparently it records ONE
recording only (not one per week). And since I recorded this show
previously, it does not schedule any of it. Is that right?

If I set "Don't match duplicates", then it works OK. It records the
first one each week.
But, there is something interesting: It wants to record tomorrow
(friday) and from next week on each monday. But I have recorded that
particular news show today (thursday), with "Record in this timeslot
every day". Shouldn't it know that and not record tomorrow?

Anyway, there must have been something different with that older show. I
will look into my archived grabber XMLs and write back.

Thomas