[mythtv] MPEG2 fixup tool

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 17:38:30 UTC 2005

On Thursday 27 October 2005 13:23, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> On 10/27/05, Steve Adeff wrote:
> > will this work on HD streams as well? ie. would it replace the need for
> > ProjectX?
>
> I've never used ProjectX is, but yes it should be able to work on HD
> streams.  Again, I don't have a multiplexer available today, so the
> result will be a PS stream (the only decent muxer I know of is
> dvb-mplex), which may not be fully supported.  If I can find an ATSC
> muxing tool though, generating fully compliant ATSC streams should be
> easy enough.
>
> The code is still very preliminary though, so don't throw away your
> originals yet if you try it.  The hope is that I can get this working
> well enough to include it in mythtranscode, but that likely won't be
> very soon.
>
> .Geoff

ProjectX is used to fix mpeg files. its a java app. Right now people use it on
mpeg-ts streams for HD to fix problems that might be in the file. I use it
and convert to PS streams right now, though I might not depending on if it
matters for the mplayer mpeg demuxer.  Interesting work though, if I have
time and think it will be of use I'll test it out.

Steve