[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7481 by danielk

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Oct 15 04:57:49 UTC 2005

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 09:00:35PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > Old way was fine, since creating previews is only a one time cost
> > per recording.
>
> Since you mentioned it.  My system seems to needlessly regenertate
> previews frequently -- not every time, but frequently enough to be
> noticeable and very annoying.  And no, I don't have
> PreviewFromBookmark set.

I wonder if this is being triggered by the code in PlaybackBox::getPixmap
that checks the last modified on the pixmap against lastmodified in the
recorded table.

Any chance these regenerated previews were caused by you editting the
video, or reflagging, or somehow otherwise updating the recorded table
entry for that recording (and triggering the lastmodified timestamp
column to update)?

--
Chris