[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7481 by danielk

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Sat Oct 15 05:32:13 UTC 2005

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 12:57:49AM -0400, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 09:00:35PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > Since you mentioned it.  My system seems to needlessly regenertate
> > previews frequently -- not every time, but frequently enough to be
> > noticeable and very annoying.  And no, I don't have
> > PreviewFromBookmark set.
>
> I wonder if this is being triggered by the code in PlaybackBox::getPixmap
> that checks the last modified on the pixmap against lastmodified in the
> recorded table.

I'm sure it probably is triggered by that, I just haven't had time to
look into it.  All I can say is that it is currently better than it
was a week or two ago.  Then, it seemed like the preview was being
regenerated every time the current item was changed in playbackbox.

> Any chance these regenerated previews were caused by you editting the
> video, or reflagging, or somehow otherwise updating the recorded table
> entry for that recording (and triggering the lastmodified timestamp
> column to update)?

I'm not doing anything explicitly to trigger it other than upgrading
SVN and restarting Myth every 1 or 2 days.  I suppose some, but not
all, regenerations could be explained by delayed commflagging.  For
example, just last night, I had some previews regenerated for programs
that were over a month old!

David
--
David Engel