[mythtv] Re: jumping picture

Sigurd Nes sigurdne at online.no
Tue May 31 18:03:56 UTC 2005

Peter Lee wrote:

>>>mythtv <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org> =====

>>>It did not do anything for me (enabled both OpenGL video sync and xvmc) -
>>>still jumping.
>>>
>>>Sigurd
>>>

>>If I switch "Deinterlaced playback" from "Bob" to something else – the
>>jumping disappear. Is there a bug in the Bob algorithm?
>

> Hmm...No, I don't think so.  I am running with bob deinterlacing (and
> opengl vsync).  In fact, I really need to use bob if I want the best
> picture on my setup...
>
> Peter

Here is what I have done:
fresh checkout of mythtv (and mythplugins)

cd mythtv

./configure --prefix=/usr \
--disable-joystick-menu  \
--disable-firewire \
--enable-proc-opt \
--enable-opengl-vsync \
--enable-xvmc \
--disable-xvmc-vld

qmake PREFIX=/usr mythtv.pro
make
make install

enabled bob, opengl vsync and xvmc in Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> TV
Settings -> Playback

Result : still jumping

System:
AMD Sempron 2600
nvidia 5200
pvr350
pvr500mce
NVIDIA-driver: 1.0-7174
kernel: linux-2.6.11.10
ivtv-driver: 0.3.5p

Any clue on where to look/ what to change?

Sigurd