[mythtv] add jobs to queue from mythweb

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri May 27 15:41:33 UTC 2005

> Just wondering if anybody is working this.
> I've added a userjob to export to small, downloadable, xvid files using
> nuvexport and it would be nice to kick-off that job from the web-interface.
> Looks like adding a job is as easy as inserting a record in the jobqueue
> table with JobStatus = QUEUED
> (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/81371?search_string=mythweb%20job%20;#81371)

There are things I want to add to nuvexport before I add this to
mythweb.  My goal is to put the full nuvexport UI into mythweb, and set
nuvexport up to be jobqueue-aware.

> . I could hack something together for my needs, starting a specific
> userjob. I guess it would be nicer to be able to select what job you
> want to run for a specific recording (com. flagging, transcode,
> different user jobs with their description.....) from a new page, but
> that is certainly beyond my php knowledge.

As for other jobs, adding checkboxes and a "schedule job" button to the
recording page, which would then bring you to a page with job details
would be an ok addition.  My original idea was to do it shopping-cart
style, so you wouldn't have to show "all" recordings if you wanted to
pick multiple show titles.

Anyway, it deserves some thought -- definitely more than something
hacked together.

-Chris