[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits (improperly dropping DVB channels)

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Wed May 18 16:20:21 UTC 2005

The attachments were too large for the list, but can be found at
http://wendy.seltzer.org/mythtv/kqed.{day, night}

At 02:20 PM 5/16/2005 -0400, Taylor Jacob wrote:
>Are you saying that the VCT that KQED is sending changes at night when they
>change their programming?  They are supposed to list all channels they have
>constantly and just mark them as off the air, not change the program listings
>twice a day..   Can you dump your TVCTs for this station using dvbsnoop (or
>send me the -v siparser output [the text channel found is what im mostly
>looking for]) during the day and night?

Attached output from dvbsnoop -spiderpid  as kqed.day and kqed.night (if
that's not what you needed, can you explain a bit further?)

>If this is the case you may need to
>give them a call.. The myth code is supposed to re-build your channel lists
>using the VCT whenever it changes, otherwise you really are taking no
>advantage
>of digital tv, but I don't believe the VCTs are supposed to be implimented
>like
>you are describing..

Not sure whether it's related, but I'm now having audio problems too, with
recordings spewing "bad stream" messages in the frontend and playing
without sound.

--Wendy

Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.com
Electronic Frontier Foundation
Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html
Chilling Effects: http://www.chillingeffects.org/