[mythtv] Unsynchronized id3v2 tags in mythmusic

Stutty stutty at gmail.com
Sun May 8 21:15:50 UTC 2005

On 5/8/05, Hugues Lismonde <hugues.lismonde at hli.be> wrote:

> On a side note, I'll begin to write a plugin to synchronize mythmusic
> (maybe more in the future) with an iPod soon. Is there something like
> that already started so I can either join the effort or wait for it
> to come out?

For info I have written a small app. (attached) that sync's my iPod
directly to my MythMusic database - it is external to Myth, as this
suits my setup better, you might find some of it useful!

This is Work In progress, so is pretty rough and ready, and it may
require a few dependencies I forgot about - see README.

!!!No Guarantees with this software, success path tested only on a HFS
formatted, Generation 4, 20G ipod!!!

!!!Do not use unless you are happy to be able to restore your iPod
from scratch!!!

If you do use it then you will need to:

* add a 'podid' column to musicmetadata database - I used a MediumInt.
* install all the dependencies
* Install GNUPod and get working against your ipod
* make mythpod, copy the 'mythpod' executable into your path
* have a look at the example script in ./scripts for how it could be used.

Supports: mp3's, aac's, playlists and smartplaylists.
ToDo: direct access to pod DB; auto create podid column; add facility
to manage which tracks should/should not be copied from MythMusic to
the iPod.

Enjoy,

Paul