[mythtv] Can't run anything after CVS update (verbose_mutex?)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Wed Mar 23 23:29:21 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 18:06 -0500, Nicholas McCoy wrote:
> I updated from CVS yesterday and now nothing seems to work.  I did

> When I try to run mythfrontend from a console I get this:
> mythfrontend: relocation error: mythfrontend: undefined symbol:
> _ZN11MythContext13verbose_mutexE

  make distclean

Also if you have MythTV libraries installed in both /usr/local/lib
and /usr/lib, please remove one of these or you will continue to see
all kinds of problems. (Remove both this time, then you will install
them in the right place with make install).

There is a new variable in mythcontext as of a few days ago and you
are somehow using code compiled before then, these are either from
object files in your source directory that somehow have a newer
date-time stamp than mythcontext.h, or from old libraries in a path
defined in /etc/ld.so.conf

-- Daniel