[mythtv] Extract/export just the closed captioning?

Martin Barnasconi mythtv at barnasconi.net
Sat Mar 19 23:22:43 UTC 2005

On Saturday 19 March 2005 23:14, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> It would probably take you less than an hour to hack up "nuvscan" to do
> this if you have any programming experience.

Before hacking I would like get some agreement on the CC or vbi formats first
to apply some generic decoding routines....
As example, the vbi data in IVTV streams is stored in a private stream (as
part of MPEG PS), dvb-t TT/subtitles have their own PID in MPEG TS.
Nevertheless, we can reuse some vbi decoding stuff.

But CC decoding for bttv cards is a totally differrent story....
IMHO, the current CVS implementation (and decoding) should be improved first
before using this as a basis for CC decoding.

Martin