[mythtv] Proposed alternate behaviour for show delete

andrew burke aburke at bitflood.org
Wed Mar 9 22:50:04 UTC 2005

>> delete priority = weightA * time since recorded - weight2 * record
>> priority + weight3 * watched_flag
>
> This is the way I've always wanted it to work... I've always thought that
> it could give a nod to the size of the file as well, but perhaps that
> wouldn't be too popular.  Note: you don't need to add a watched flag
> to improve auto-expire, just factor in the age and original record
> prio with some reasonable weights.

Right, the listing of people who have watched a show *can* be orthogonal
to auto-delete.  It can server simply as a convenience feature for those
of us who like to delete a program once we're done with it.

It *could* be used in a metric for auto-deletion as well, eventually, though.

Additionally, I would note that I am not advocating for a way to
'undelete' things or for having a 'recycle bin', although I can see why
people might like those.

andy