[mythtv] Re: Channel Selection

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Wed Mar 2 05:22:55 UTC 2005

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 08:07:10PM -0500, Taylor Jacob wrote:
> Are all of the DVB-T settings (FEC Inner, FEC Outer, etc) the same per country?
> John and I think they are.. If so you could chose a "full stepping scan" (maybe
> named better) that would let you choose your country and it would know what the
> settings should be and generate a master list to try to scan.. This would make
> scaning a 1 step process for you guys..

In most cities in Australia there are two different sets of parameters.
In some there are more or less. Information available here:

http://www.dba.org.au/index.asp?sectionID=76

All television stations use QAM64, but there is a mix of 2/3 and 3/4 outer
FEC, and 1/8 and 1/16 guard interval. No hierarchy and therefore no
inner FEC.

Hamish