[mythtv] Re: New idea for storing recordings to disks

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 08:55:09 UTC 2005

> Simple solution:  If the recorder runs out of space, the recorder exits.
>  Scheduler sees the recorder exited, attempts to restart it.  The
> recorder code checks the mount points for space, sees none free on
> option one, tries option two.  Just like when you restart the backend in
> the midst of a recording, you end up with two partial recordings of the
> same show, both viewable.

Ewwww!!!  I don't have a better solution, but that doesn't look cool at all.

I think the better version of your idea however would be
round-robbin'.  First recording, the disk with most space, second
recording, the disk now with most space, and so on.

Dave - the linux virgin who has been dreading buying a new disk
because of having to configure LVM and likes the sound of some of
these proposal.

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.