[mythtv] [patch] Enable Xinerama aspect ratio

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Wed Jun 22 05:24:24 UTC 2005

> This makes Xinerama displays the same aspect as the videos.
>
> My first included patch fixes screen aspect ratio detection with Xinerama.
> Also adding a log message for when no physical display size found.
>
> My second patch allows changes to setup->appearance to have effect without
> restarting mythfrontend.  This patch has a side effect of
> d->GetScreenBounds() getting called twice at startup because LoadQtConfig()
> is called twice.

FWIW, Paul, this works great for me: I just got a Dell 2405FPW 16:10
display that I use alongside my old 5:4 1280x1024 displays, and without
this, Myth would expand every recording playback to full screen.  With
your patch, both 16:9 and 4:3 recordings are letterboxed to the right
aspect ratio.

Commit!  Commit! :)

Cheers,
Kyle