[mythtv] [patch] Enable Xinerama aspect ratio

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Thu Jun 9 12:47:12 UTC 2005

MythTv has been working well here (my thanks to everyone) but recently I have
added a second monitor to my workstation.  I've played with TwinView and
Xinerama with much success.

MythTv has nice Xinerama support (which TwinView also uses) but the video
aspect is wrong for my case.  My monitors are standard 4:3 but all dvb-t
channels are 16:9 in Australia.  This combination produces a picture
stretched vertically.

Searching thought the mail list brings up this thread on Xinerama and aspect
ratios:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/45506?search_string=xinerama;#45506
The patch mentioned is here:
http://cvs.mythtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_xv.cpp?rev=1.144&view=log#rev1.88

This makes Xinerama displays the same aspect as the videos.

My first included patch fixes screen aspect ratio detection with Xinerama.
Also adding a log message for when no physical display size found.

My second patch allows changes to setup->appearance to have effect without
restarting mythfrontend.  This patch has a side effect of
d->GetScreenBounds() getting called twice at startup because LoadQtConfig()
is called twice.

Hopefully helpful,
Paul