[mythtv] Cannot delete a recording

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sat Jun 11 20:15:55 UTC 2005

aaron <mailto:memoryguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/11/05, Torbjörn Jansson
> <torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se> wrote:
>>
>> How is that going to help when the filename doesn't match what's in
>> the database? The problem is that you have a one hour difference in
>> the end timestamp between the db and the filename.
>>

> I know that. The _problem_ is that the file plays without problem.
> When I try to play the file, there is no problem finding it. When I
> play the file, there apparently is not a one hour difference between
> the database and the filename.
>
> Only when trying to delete is there a problem.
>
> And I could touch the file it wants to delete, which would allow the
> metadata to be removed. But will not remove the recording, leaving me
> with an orphaned file.

Hmm...
It's strange that you can play it but not delete it.
To be able to play it, mythtv must have figured out the filename properly.

Since it's just one hour difference, maybe it's a daylight saving thing?
Like some code part that takes it into account but not the other.
If so, maybe it woud be posibel to turn back the date or something, or
temporarily change timezoen just to test if it's realy the case.