[mythtv] Help with Debian Packages for 0.18.1

Brad Fritz brad-mythtv at fritzfam.com
Sat Jun 11 15:00:46 UTC 2005

Matt,

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 06:05:33PM +1000, Matt Boyd wrote:

> weird, I swear I got it working last night but now I'm hit with this
> when I do a make with only mythgallery enabled.
>
> QT_PLUGIN -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt3/mkspecs/default -I.
> -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/qt3 -I/usr/X11R6/include -o
> galleryutil.o galleryutil.cpp
> /usr/include/libexif/exif-entry.h: In static member function `static
> long int
>    GalleryUtil::getNaturalRotation(const char*)':
> /usr/include/libexif/exif-entry.h:58: error: too few arguments to
> function `
>    const char* exif_entry_get_value(ExifEntry*, char*, unsigned int)'
>
> I have no idea what this means, I thought a dependency prob but I've got
> libexif-dev installed.

Did you have libexif-dev (>= 0.6.9-6) installed when you tried to
build the package?  The mythplugins configure script defines
NEW_LIB_EXIF in mythgallery/config.h if the return code from:

  pkg-config --atleast-version 0.6.9 libexif

is zero.  You snipped the line of the error message that reports the
line in the mythgallery source where the error occurred, but I'm
guessing it was because NEW_LIB_EXIF wasn't defined.

--Brad