[mythtv] Help with Debian Packages for 0.18.1

Matt Boyd mcboyd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 08:05:33 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 20:45 -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 01:33:09PM +1000, Matt Boyd wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 200h5-06-10 at 18:18 -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > > The plugins which are disabled are generally that way because they didn't
> > > build at the time, and I didn't have time to fix them up.  Success reports
> > > and patches are always welcome.
> > >
> > I've managed to compile mythgallery on a test box in a slightly hacked
> > way
>
> I assume that means it didn't build initially for you either.  I forget what
> the issue was, and haven't had time to revisit it since.
>
> > (actually my laptop, so not quite a test box) I did intend to do the
> > same thing on the working machine this morning but I'm getting this
> > error when I try and get the source. I checked some old logs and for
> > some reason the path has changed from unstable to warty?
> >

> > Failed to fetch
> > http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian/dists/warty/mythtv/source/mythtv_0.18.1-1.dsc 404 Not Found
>
> A misplaced symlink.  It ought to work now.

weird, I swear I got it working last night but now I'm hit with this
when I do a make with only mythgallery enabled.

QT_PLUGIN -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt3/mkspecs/default -I.
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/qt3 -I/usr/X11R6/include -o
galleryutil.o galleryutil.cpp
/usr/include/libexif/exif-entry.h: In static member function `static
long int
   GalleryUtil::getNaturalRotation(const char*)':
/usr/include/libexif/exif-entry.h:58: error: too few arguments to
function `
   const char* exif_entry_get_value(ExifEntry*, char*, unsigned int)'

I have no idea what this means, I thought a dependency prob but I've got
libexif-dev installed.

Matt B