[mythtv] DVD Channel Auto-Add

Michael Carmody mjcar at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jun 7 01:17:03 UTC 2005

Hey All,

I have tried this question twice on mythtv-users, and was met with stunning
silence...

So here we go with hopefully more knowledgable people:

I have configured my MythTV box with a DVICO Fuson HDTV DVB card that is
working a treat with an VIA MII 10000 board. But for some reason after about
a week of running, all the other channels in a multiplex start appearing in
my epg. In australia most of the commericical stations have 3-4 channels but
they are are duplicates. So to reduce clutter, I never added them. But
something is adding them, and I want to find out what it is and kill it.

Does mythtv detect extra channels on the digital mutiplexed broadcast and add
them automatically ?
I'm sick of deleting them from my channels config. I'm sure this feature would
be great for most people, but it is highly annoying at the moment. Anybody
have any ideas as to what is causing this ?

I am running MythTV release 18.1, on Slackware 10.1 box. Using Via XvMC.
Specifically I will add channel 7, and some how channels 70, 71,72 and 77
(channel 7's other digital channels) magically appear.

-Michael Carmody