[mythtv] Request: please fix channel up/down and watch live TV defaults forDVB:HD tuners

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 21:09:59 UTC 2005

Hopefully other DEVs and users are reading (I know I'm on Isaac's
ignore list, tell him that I'm still waiting in line to enroll in
mythingarten :-)

I did set the channel to alpha numeric from the
frontend->setup->general. etc etc...TV.. menu.

The  settings.data becomes "channum" when you set it to alpha numeric
(otherwise its set to channum+0 if you set to sort by channel number).

======================
050602 12:49:00     365 Connect     mythtv at localhost on mythconverg
                    365 Query       UPDATE settings SET value =
'ChannelOrdering', data = 'channum', hostname = 'mythtvbe' WHERE value
= 'ChannelOrdering' AND hostname = 'mythtvbe'
                    365 Quit
050602 12:49:03     366 Connect     mythtv at localhost on mythconverg
                    366 Query       SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value
= 'ChannelOrdering' AND hostname = 'mythtvbe'
                    366 Quit
========================

Now trying to tune the channel number (starting channel is 5_1 in my lineup).

2005-06-02 13:09:47.964 DVB#0 Trying to tune to channel 7_1.
2005-06-02 13:10:17.782 DVB#0 Trying to tune to channel 9_1.
2005-06-02 13:10:44.949 DVB#0 Trying to tune to channel 11_2.
2005-06-02 13:11:52.138 DVB#0 Trying to tune to channel 20_2.
=================

050602 13:09:47     356 Query       SELECT NULL
                    356 Query       SELECT channum + 0 FROM
channel,capturecard,cardinput WHERE channel.channum = "5_1" AND
channel.sourceid = cardinput.sourceid AND cardinput.cardid =
capturecard.cardid AND capturecard.cardid = "1" AND
capturecard.hostname = "mythtvbe"
                    356 Query       SELECT channel.channum,
channel.chanid FROM channel,capturecard,cardinput WHERE
channel.channum + 0 > "5"  AND cardinput.cardid = capturecard.cardid
AND capturecard.cardid = "1" AND capturecard.hostname = "mythtvbe" AND
cardinput.sourceid = channel.sourceid  ORDER BY channel.channum + 0
LIMIT 1
                    356 Query       SELECT NULL
                    356 Query       SELECT chanid, serviceid, mplexid
FROM channel,cardinput,capturecard WHERE channel.channum='7_1' AND
cardinput.sourceid = channel.sourceid AND cardinput.cardid = '1' AND
capturecard.cardid = cardinput.cardid AND capturecard.cardtype = 'DVB'
                    355 Query       SELECT NULL
050602 13:10:17     356 Query       SELECT NULL
                    356 Query       SELECT channum + 0 FROM
channel,capturecard,cardinput WHERE channel.channum = "7_1" AND
channel.sourceid = cardinput.sourceid AND cardinput.cardid =
capturecard.cardid AND capturecard.cardid = "1" AND
capturecard.hostname = "mythtvbe"
                    356 Query       SELECT channel.channum,
channel.chanid FROM channel,capturecard,cardinput WHERE
channel.channum + 0 > "7"  AND cardinput.cardid = capturecard.cardid
AND capturecard.cardid = "1" AND capturecard.hostname = "mythtvbe" AND
cardinput.sourceid = channel.sourceid  ORDER BY channel.channum + 0
LIMIT 1
                    356 Query       SELECT NULL
                    356 Query       SELECT chanid, serviceid, mplexid
FROM channel,cardinput,capturecard WHERE channel.channum='9_1' AND
cardinput.sourceid = channel.sourceid AND cardinput.cardid = '1' AND
capturecard.cardid = cardinput.cardid AND capturecard.cardtype = 'DVB'
                    355 Query       SELECT NULL
                    355 Query       SELECT frequency, modulation,
sistandard FROM dtv_multiplex,cardinput,capturecard WHERE mplexid=9
AND dtv_multiplex.sourceid = cardinput.sourceid AND
capturecard.cardid=1
050602 13:10:44     356 Query       SELECT NULL
                    356 Query       SELECT channum + 0 FROM
channel,capturecard,cardinput WHERE channel.channum = "9_1" AND
channel.sourceid = cardinput.sourceid AND cardinput.cardid =
capturecard.cardid AND capturecard.cardid = "1" AND
capturecard.hostname = "mythtvbe"
                    356 Query       SELECT channel.channum,
channel.chanid FROM channel,capturecard,cardinput WHERE
channel.channum + 0 > "9"  AND cardinput.cardid = capturecard.cardid
AND capturecard.cardid = "1" AND capturecard.hostname = "mythtvbe" AND
cardinput.sourceid = channel.sourceid  ORDER BY channel.channum + 0
LIMIT 1
                    356 Query       SELECT NULL
                    356 Query       SELECT chanid, serviceid, mplexid
FROM channel,cardinput,capturecard WHERE channel.channum='11_2' AND
cardinput.sourceid = channel.sourceid AND cardinput.cardid = '1' AND
capturecard.cardid = cardinput.cardid AND capturecard.cardtype = 'DVB'
                    355 Query       SELECT NULL
050602 13:11:52     356 Query       SELECT NULL
                    356 Query       SELECT channum + 0 FROM
channel,capturecard,cardinput WHERE channel.channum = "11_2" AND
channel.sourceid = cardinput.sourceid AND cardinput.cardid =
capturecard.cardid AND capturecard.cardid = "1" AND
capturecard.hostname = "mythtvbe"
                    356 Query       SELECT channel.channum,
channel.chanid FROM channel,capturecard,cardinput WHERE
channel.channum + 0 > "11"  AND cardinput.cardid = capturecard.cardid
AND capturecard.cardid = "1" AND capturecard.hostname = "mythtvbe" AND
cardinput.sourceid = channel.sourceid  ORDER BY channel.channum + 0
LIMIT 1
                    356 Query       SELECT NULL
                    356 Query       SELECT chanid, serviceid, mplexid
FROM channel,cardinput,capturecard WHERE channel.channum='20_2' AND
cardinput.sourceid = channel.sourceid AND cardinput.cardid = '1' AND
capturecard.cardid = cardinput.cardid AND capturecard.cardtype = 'DVB'
                    355 Query       SELECT NULL

By looking at the sql logs above, the sql query still uses channum + 0
and not channum. Seems like the sort by alpha is being totally ignored
by the frontend.

I've build the 0.18.1 frontend, will probably debug in the weekend.

Thanks

Mudit