[mythtv] Request: please fix channel up/down and watch live TV defaults forDVB:HD tuners

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Thu Jun 2 20:03:48 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 12:16 -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Thursday 02 June 2005 10:23 am, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > >
> > > mythfilldatabase doesn't do anything with the channum field, except fill
> > > it in when creating a channel.  You're quite free to change it to
> > > whatever you want, and in the case of HD channels, I'd assume most people
> > > would want to due to the lack of a _ key on most remotes.
> >
> > mythfilldatabase doesn't care, but hdtvrecorder does. If Mudit wanted to
> > channel names.
>
> Speaking of which, when are we deprecating the hdtvrecorder stuff?  Doesn't
> make sense to support two different drivers for the same hardware to me,
> especially when one (ie, DVB) is much more of a standard.

I still have problems recording multiple audio streams with the DVB
code, and the DVB driver hasn't been modified to support analog
recording. So I'm still maintaining the hdtvrecorder at least until
those two issues are addressed.

I'm planning to look at the audio problem at some point as that is
the only thing really preventing me from using the DVB drivers, and
my understanding is that someone is looking making the DVB driver
function along with the analog driver.

As for supporting sub-channels on the hdtvrecorder without the "_"
character, that should be 2 liner, I just haven't gotten around
to it yet.

-- Daniel