[mythtv] Request: please fix channel up/down and watch live TV defaults forDVB:HD tuners

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 20:30:11 UTC 2005

Continuing my monolgue (as Isaac is probably not reading it anyway).
Hopefully other myth/DVB developers/users are interested in this issue.

Seems like even if channel order is supposed to be alpha numeric, the
sql query is still adding +0 to it.

===== as we can see the order is alpha number .. based on channum .==========
mythtv at mythtvbe:~$ mysql mythconverg -e "SELECT * FROM settings WHERE
value = 'ChannelOrdering' AND hostname = 'mythtvbe'"
+-----------------+---------+----------+
| value           | data    | hostname |
+-----------------+---------+----------+
| ChannelOrdering | channum | mythtvbe |
+-----------------+---------+----------+
===============================

I've verified that if I change it to number only, the data changes to
"channum + 0"
(from a pervious log ... 363 Query       UPDATE settings SET value =
'ChannelOrdering', data = 'channum + 0', hostname = 'mythtvbe' WHERE
value = 'ChannelOrdering' AND hostname = 'mythtvbe')

Time stamped mysql.log output ...

======== verification that channel is set to alpha numeric mode ====
050602 12:49:00     365 Connect     mythtv at localhost on mythconverg
                    365 Query       UPDATE settings SET value =
'ChannelOrdering', data = 'channum', hostname = 'mythtvbe' WHERE value
= 'ChannelOrdering' AND hostname = 'mythtvbe'
                    365 Quit
050602 12:49:03     366 Connect     mythtv at localhost on mythconverg
                    366 Query       SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value
= 'ChannelOrdering' AND hostname = 'mythtvbe'
                    366 Quit

Now trying to tune the channels via up arrow key
=====================
050602 13:09:47     356 Query       SELECT NULL
                    356 Query       SELECT channum + 0 FROM
channel,capturecard,cardinput WHERE channel.channum = "5_1" AND
channel.sourceid = cardinput.sourceid AND cardinput.cardid =
capturecard.cardid AND capturecard.cardid = "1" AND
capturecard.hostname = "mythtvbe"
                    356 Query       SELECT channel.channum,
channel.chanid FROM channel,capturecard,cardinput WHERE
channel.channum + 0 > "5"  AND cardinput.cardid = capturecard.cardid
AND capturecard.cardid = "1" AND capturecard.hostname = "mythtvbe" AND
cardinput.sourceid = channel.sourceid  ORDER BY channel.channum + 0
LIMIT 1
                    356 Query       SELECT NULL
                    356 Query       SELECT chanid, serviceid, mplexid
FROM channel,cardinput,capturecard WHERE channel.channum='7_1' AND
cardinput.sourceid = channel.sourceid AND cardinput.cardid = '1' AND
capturecard.cardid = cardinput.cardid AND capturecard.cardtype = 'DVB'
                    355 Query       SELECT NULL
050602 13:10:17     356 Query       SELECT NULL
                    356 Query       SELECT channum + 0 FROM
channel,capturecard,cardinput WHERE channel.channum = "7_1" AND
channel.sourceid = cardinput.sourceid AND cardinput.cardid =
capturecard.cardid AND capturecard.cardid = "1" AND
capturecard.hostname = "mythtvbe"
                    356 Query       SELECT channel.channum,
channel.chanid FROM channel,capturecard,cardinput WHERE
channel.channum + 0 > "7"  AND cardinput.cardid = capturecard.cardid
AND capturecard.cardid = "1" AND capturecard.hostname = "mythtvbe" AND
cardinput.sourceid = channel.sourceid  ORDER BY channel.channum + 0
LIMIT 1
                    356 Query       SELECT NULL

356 Query       SELECT chanid, serviceid, mplexid FROM
channel,cardinput,capturecard WHERE channel.channum='9_1' AND
cardinput.sourceid = channel.sourceid AND cardinput.cardid = '1' AND
capturecard.cardid = cardinput.cardid AND capturecard.cardtype = 'DVB'
356 Query       SELECT channum + 0 FROM channel,capturecard,cardinput
WHERE channel.channum = "9_1" AND channel.sourceid =
cardinput.sourceid AND cardinput.cardid = capturecard.cardid AND
capturecard.cardid = "1" AND capturecard.hostname = "mythtvbe"
                    356 Query       SELECT channel.channum,
channel.chanid FROM channel,capturecard,cardinput WHERE
channel.channum + 0 > "9"  AND cardinput.cardid = capturecard.cardid
AND capturecard.cardid = "1" AND capturecard.hostname = "mythtvbe" AND
cardinput.sourceid = channel.sourceid  ORDER BY channel.channum + 0
LIMIT 1
                    356 Query       SELECT NULL
                    356 Query       SELECT chanid, serviceid, mplexid
FROM channel,cardinput,capturecard WHERE channel.channum='11_2' AND
cardinput.sourceid = channel.sourceid AND cardinput.cardid = '1' AND
capturecard.cardid = cardinput.cardid AND capturecard.cardtype = 'DVB'
=============

The log from the backend
2005-06-02 13:09:47.964 DVB#0 Trying to tune to channel 7_1.
2005-06-02 13:10:17.782 DVB#0 Trying to tune to channel 9_1.
2005-06-02 13:10:44.949 DVB#0 Trying to tune to channel 11_2.
2005-06-02 13:11:52.138 DVB#0 Trying to tune to channel 20_2.

===========

mythtv at mythtvbe:~$ date
Thu Jun  2 13:27:21 PDT 2005
mythtv at mythtvbe:~$ mysql mythconverg -e "SELECT * FROM settings WHERE
value = 'ChannelOrdering' AND hostname = 'mythtvbe'"
+-----------------+---------+----------+
| value           | data    | hostname |
+-----------------+---------+----------+
| ChannelOrdering | channum | mythtvbe |

050602 13:27:23     373 Connect     mythtv at localhost on mythconverg
                    373 Query       SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value
= 'ChannelOrdering' AND hostname = 'mythtvbe'
                    373 Quit

Thanks
Mudit
(p.s. : i can see the mythingarten front door now .. just few blocks away)