[mythtv] Request: please fix channel up/down and watch live TV defaults forDVB:HD tuners

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Thu Jun 2 17:34:59 UTC 2005

At 12:37 PM -0400 6/2/05, Isaac Richards wrote:

>If people are having problems with the starting channel, they're not bothering
>to go through the setup program properly.  Nothing I can do about that.

Even people who go through the setup can get stuck here later, since
the "starting channel" gets reset to the last channel tuned (or
attempted to tune).  If you tune to a weak ATSC signal, crash, and
then restart, you have to know to re-run setup or to run dtvsignal
separately from the command line to restart on a working channel.  I
know this caused me lots of frustration as I was starting up.  Would
it be possible to add an option not to reset the starting channel?

Thanks.
--Wendy

Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.com || wendy at eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation
Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html